Saturday, January 30, 2010

Poppy Seed Bread

I got this recipe off my friend Krista's blog. We loved it! I am a huge fan of poppy seed anything!!! My hubbie loved this bread too. I actually didn't make the glaze. We just ate the bread plain. Sorry I don't have a picture. Krista has a beautiful picture of the bread on her blog.

POPPY SEED BREAD

3 cups flour, sifted
2 1\2 cups sugar
1 1\2 t. salt
3 eggs
1 1\2 cups milk
1 1\8 cups vegetable oil
1 1\2 t. poppy seeds
1 1\2 t. vanilla extract
1 1\2 t. almond extract
1 1\2 t. butter flavoring

GLAZE:
3\4 cup sugar
1\4 cup lemon juice (or orange juice)
1\2 t. vanilla extract
1\2 t. almond extract
1\2 t. butter flavoring

Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Line the pans with wax paper, then grease and flour wax paper. Preheat oven to 350. Mix all bread ingredients together, then beat for 2 minutes. Pour into pans and bake for 1 hour. Mix glaze ingredients together. Heat in microwave just to melt sugar (2 to 3 minutes). Remove bread from pans. Pour glaze over hot bread or use pastry brush.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails