Thursday, August 4, 2011

Great Harvest Cinnaburst Copycat Bread


WARNING: This bread is hazardous to your health.  Due to the extreme moistness, the soft texture, and the heavenly burst of cinnamon flavor, one is in danger of suffering from eating a whole loaf in one sitting.  Not only will this overload you with pure delight, but will create a need for you to rebuy cinnamon chips and cancel work for the next day so you can make another loaf and eat it straight out of the oven.  In case of this emergency, be sure to keep a stick of butter next to the oven in preparation for the consumption.   

Great Harvest Cinnaburst Copycat Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (1 pack)
1/3 cup oil (I used veggie oil)
1/2 T salt
1 egg
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cinnamon chips

Directions:
  • In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and milk; let bubble for about 5 minutes.
  • Add in oil and egg.
  • Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt.
  • Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl.
  • Add the cinnamon chips when it gets close to the right consistency. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread. So use the least amount of flour you can handle.  (Note:  Don't overmix the cinnamon chips.)
  • Grease a mixing bowl.  Let dough rise in bowl until doubled in size.
  • Form into loaf (or whatever shape you want).
  • Let rise until double.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  I baked my bread for 30 minutes exactly, and it came out perfect, but my oven cooks hot. 
Makes 2 loaves

Recipe Source:  Slightly adapted from Rae Gun Ramblings

Linked to:  Sweets for a Saturday, It's a Keeper

16 comments:

Max Fam said...

I cannot WAIT to try this! Thanks Kimster! I'm going to shape it like Great Harvest does. YUM!

Unknown said...

I cant wait to try this!

Betsy Brock said...

I could eat a piece of that right now, slathered in butter. mmmm.

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That bread does sound hazardous to your health. What a perfect, indulgent breakfast! I'm your newest follower. Off to check out some more of your site :)
Katie
PS-I host a recipe swap every week and I'd love for you to come by and show off a recipe or two. Have a blessed day :)

Penny Pincher said...

I must try this. I've just discovered this bread at Great Harvest and can't get enough of it!
I'm visiting from Sweets for Saturday!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

Thanks for the disclaimer. :) I'd love it if you stopped by and shared a link with us at my Week Wrap Up!

Lisa said...

What a fantastic looking recipe. I love it when treats are packed with cinnamon and now that I know where to find some cinnamon chips I'm bookmarking this one. Thanks for sharing it with Sweets for a Saturday.

Janis said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing!!

brighteyedbaker said...

I found your recipe from Sweets for a Saturday. I love Great Harvest! I'm bookmarking this to try soon :)

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I have not seen cinnamon chips around here, which now is making me very sad - I want this bread! I'll have to make a road trip to a decent grocery store! This sounds wonderful. (Visiting from It's a Keeper!)

Corrine said...

Oh yum! I love cinnamon, but where do you find cinnamon chips? I've never heard of them. Following you now, stop by my blog if you get a chance! :) http://indulgebakery.blogspot.com/

Megs Everyday Indulgence said...

Oh yum! I love anything cinnamon and happen to have cinnamon chips in my pantry!

newbiemama said...

Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH!! I'm picking up cinnamon chips TOMORROW!! I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Mike and Kimmy said...

@ Corrine -- I found my cinnamon chips in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips. They are Hershey's brand. Hopefully you'll be able to find some 'cause this bread is scrumptious! :) Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Its been a while since I made this bread, and I have not tried your recipe. I can't give exact measurements, but the actual recipe ( not copy cat) calls for yeast, water, honey, flour, butter and salt. Mixing in cinnamon chips toward the end. We did not use Hershey cinnamon chips, can't remember actual brand but they were ordered through Bakemark.
I'd love to give more info but am legally bound.
Love to try your recipe :) thanks!

Anonymous said...

After finding Great Harvest in Utah and loving the Cinnaburst Bread, I had to make it when I got back to Georgia. I made this yesterday and went exactly by the recipe except I used Sunflower Seed Oil and King Arthur Bread Flour, and half and half instead of milk. I buttered and floured the loaf pans. And my bread turned out totally wonderful! It was delicious, and even better than the Great Harvest bread, if you can imagine! Thanks for the recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails