Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hershey's Kisses Macaroon Cookies


Have I told you that I love coconut?  Huge fan and lover of all things coconut. So when I originally saw a picture of these on the back of a Hershey Kiss bag I knew these had to be created.  I loved the idea, but not the recipe.  So I changed it up a bit and came up with this.  Let me be the first to tell you...Fabulous!  The cookie is so soft and moist and topped with the chocolate kiss.  Hello y'all!  Just a perfect combo. 

Hershey's Kisses Macaroon Cookies

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter or magarine, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
about 36 Hershey's Kisses

Directions:
1. Beat butter, sour cream and sugar in large bowl until well blended.  Add egg yolk and vanilla.  Beat well.  Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.  Stir in 3 cups coconut. 
2.  Cover, refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.  Remove wrappers from chocolate kisses.  Heat oven to 350.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups coconut.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet. 
3.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from oven; immediately press a chocolate kiss on top of each cookie.  Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies. 


14 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

These would be heavenly!! What fantastic ingredients. I'm a fan of of coconut just like you.

Leslie said...

What a great idea!! I love coconut and chocolate together! I have a macaroon recipe where I drizzle the chocolate over the top, but these little guys are too cute!

Thanks for sharing:)

Nicole Feliciano said...

Love coconut! I found you from the Little Brick Ranch Linky. I hope you'll swing by and share this beautiful baked creation on Momtrends too:

http://www.momtrends.com/2011/05/magic-ingredient-recipes-purees/

Miriam said...

Oh! What a fabulous idea for a cookie!! Enjoy your weekend :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Great idea to add the Hershey's kiss.

I'd like to invite you to link-up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/26/lemon-chocolate-cupcakes/

carolinaheartstrings said...

That is an inside out mounds bar. Yum!!!!

Linda said...

MMMMMM! These looks so good . Can't wait to try this recipe. New follower . Hope you will follow back.

Pastry Chef Baking said...

Saw this on Sweets for a Saturday and they look beautiful. I love coconut as well and you can't beat it topped with chocolate. Thanks for the recipe.

annies home said...

love how you updated an old favorite of mine the macaroon version is aweseom thanks for sharing come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Kim McCallie said...

Loving your macaroon cookies. I love the look at taste of toasted coconut - so pretty and delicious! Would love it if you would drop by and share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/05/sweet-indulgences-sunday-6.html

keatseatsblog said...

Would love for you to link up at my Sweet Treats Party this weekend! Hope to see you there :)
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com

Lindsey said...

So yummy! These look divine! Thanks for sharing! I will be featuring these on Friday. :)

Lisa said...

Chocolate + coconut = sweet heaven. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Kim McCallie said...

I love a nice chewy macaroon and the kiss is just a bonus. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails