Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chicken Tetrazzini


I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe. We eat this all the time. It is one of my hubby's favs. My sister in law was just asking me for the recipe, and I realized I hadn't posted it on my blog!

8 OUNCES SPAGHETTI
8 OUNCES SLICED FRESH MUSHROOMS
4-6 SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS (CUT IN BITE-SIZE PIECES)
1 TABLESPOON BUTTER
1 ½ TABLESPOONS LEMON JUICE
3-4 TABLESPOONS BUTTER
6 TABLESPOONS FLOUR
½ TEASPOON PAPRIKA
1/8 TEASPOON NUTMEG
¾ TEASPOON SALT
½ TEASPOON PEPPER
1 CAN CHICKEN BROTH (14 ½ OUNCES)
1 CUP SKIM MILK
¾ CUP PARMESAN CHEESE
SPRINKLE PAPRIKA

Cook and drain spaghetti. Stir fry the mushrooms and the chicken pieces with the 1 tablespoon butter and the lemon juice until chicken is done, about 15-20 minutes. Toss with the cooked spaghetti. Set aside. Melt the 3-4 tablespoons of butter and stir in the flour and spices. Add broth and stir until the sauce thickens, then add the milk. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti. Mix. Place mixture into a 9x13-inch pan. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and paprika and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until browned and bubbly.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Thanks, I love to find a good Tetrazzini recipe

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for posting this! I am making it tonight.

Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails