Friday, December 11, 2009

Oreo Truffles


I get asked for this recipe all the time. It is so easy, simple, and super delicious! We always make these at Christmas time. This recipe was introduced to me by my friend Jamie.

1 package Oreos (take out 7. The consistency is better if you don't use the whole package.)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 package Chocolate Almond Bark

Separate tops from bottoms and grind into fine crumbs in a food processor or chopper. Add softened cream cheese and mix. (I do this in the food processor too, but you can do it by hand.) Roll into balls. Melt the chocolate Almond Bark according to directions on the package. Dip the balls in the Almond bark and set on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. You're done. You can decorate them however you want. Sometimes I put Oreo crumbs on top from the remaining 7 cookies. Other times I drizzle chocolate bark or white chocolate over the top. It's up to you. You can also dip these in Milk Chocolate instead of Almond Bark. If you do, be sure to refrigerate to help the chocolate set up. I personally like Almond Bark because it is less rich and really let's you enjoy the tastiness inside.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails