Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mexican Lasagna


This is another tried and true delicious meal that my kids always love.  This delicious plate was posted a long time ago and the photo, my oh my, did it need a make over.  I've determined that I have a love/hate relationship with lasagna.  I love the taste, but hate the hassle. Fortunately for me, this lasagna is not only tastalicious, but easy to make.  So it's the perfect meal!  Seriously, look at the cheese all hot and melty running over the edges of the filling and tortillas.  Mmmmmmm....so good.   

Mexican Lasagna

Ingredients:

1 lb. hamburger
1 green pepper, diced
½ cup onion, diced
1 clove garlic, diced (or ¼ tsp garlic powder)
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup salsa
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp salt
10-12 small tortillas (corn or flour)  *For gluten free, use corn tortillas. 
2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican mix)

Optional Toppings:
Lettuce
Tomato
Cilantro
Green Onion
Sour Cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Cook hamburger with green pepper, onion and garlic; drain. Add refried beans, tomato sauce, salsa, cumin and salt; simmer 15 minutes. Spoon small amount of meat mixture into 9x13 pan and spread to coat bottom of pan. Top with six tortillas or however many tortillas it takes to make a 1 layer covering over the meat. Top with half of meat mixture; sprinkle with one cups of cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas and meat mixture. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; top with remaining cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve with lettuce, tomato, cilantro, green onion, and/or sour cream.

Recipe Source:  My SIL Nicole Courtright

Linked to:  Full Plate Thursday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Saturday Swap, This Week's Cravings

11 comments:

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

Found you at Thursdays at the Table. Love this recipe. Making it tonight. Thanks!

cocoa and coconut said...

I can see why they like this one! It looks delicious, healthy and appetizing for sure

Miz Helen said...

Good Morning Kimmy,
I am drooling over this Mexican Lasagna. This is a great flavor combo. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog....CUTE!

I wanted to invite you to come join in on a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY on my blog.

http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com

"Made it on Monday" link up's are every Wed.-Sat.

I hope to see some of your recipes soon.

carolinaheartstrings said...

I wondered what to do with a stack of leftover corn tortillas. Now I know!!! This looks wonderful.

Amy said...

This is such a mouth watering dish! Hearty and comforting too!

I'm hosting a wonderful tea sampler GIVEAWAY! Come check it out when you have time.

http://utry.it/2011/04/two-leaves-and-bud-tea-company-product.html

Amy
http://utry.it

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

I make a similar mexican lasagna. So easy and so good! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Maskaly said...

That looks delish! I love different kinds of Mexican inspired dishes.

Martha said...

Looks wonderful!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Thanks for linking up to THIS WEEK's CRAVINGS "Mexican Dishes". We appreciate you sharing your recipe with us! We hope you come back next Monday for "Brunch Recipes / Mother's Day". Have a great weekend!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

Carla and Michael said...

Hi, visiting you from This Weeks Cravings. This looks delicious and it's only 7:30 in the morning. I could seriously have a slice of that for breakfast right now. YUMMY! Bookmarking it. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails