Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo

My niece gave me this recipe. Let me tell you about her. The girl is 10 and is already cooking up a storm. My sister will come home from work and see her daughter finishing up pan pizza for dinner or some other delicious meal. At 5 years old, my niece would make me eggs for breakfast! 5!!! She is an excellent cook. She passed this recipe on to me. I really like this meal because you can put it in the crockpot and it is so yummy. I am not a huge fan of crockpot meals. Don't get me wrong, I love to use the crockpot. I just don't find tons of recipes for the crockpot that I am in love with. This one is definitely a keeper though! Thanks to my fabulous niece for sharing her recipes with me.

Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast tenders
2 8 oz. packages mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup (2 sticks butter), cut into chunks
1 package (1 pound) uncooked fettucine
Chopped fresh parsley (if desired)

Slow Cooker Directions:

1. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange chicken in single layer in bottom of slow cooker. Top with mushrooms; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

2. Combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, and butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until smooth and heated through. Pour over mushrooms, pushing down any that float to surface. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

3. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.

4. Serve pasta with the sauce, chicken, and mushrooms from the crockpot. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and parsley.

Makes 6-8 servings.

2 comments:

Shecia said...

YUM, love everything about this one. Your niece is incredible. I was only allowed to heat up soup at that age!

Giada said...

Thanks for posting this Kimmy!

Love,
Giada

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails