This is the winning muffin recipe from Mimi's Meaningful Muffin Contest. Can I hear a - FABULOUS!!! We LOVED these delectable muffins. This is the description of the muffins: "The combination of pineapple and coconut creates a delightful taste sensation in these tender tropical muffins. Crowned with a crunchy coconut and macadamia nut crumb topping, these flavor-packed gems inspire pleasant thoughts of dazzling sun-drenched beaches and gentle trade winds." Ditto - 'nuf said.
Pineapple Coconut Crunch Muffins
by: Linda Amendt
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons finely chopped, unsalted macadamia nuts
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1-1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, chopped
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice, reserved from canned pineapple
3/4 cup drained canned unsweetened crushed pineapple.
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line a 12-cup regular muffin pan with paper liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Topping: In a small bowl, combine flour, coconut, sugar and macadamia nuts. Whisk together until well blended. Using a fork or clean fingers, work in the butter until evenly combined and mixture resembles coarse crumbs and starts to come together.
4. Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk eggs until lightly beaten. Gradually whisk in oil until well blended. Stir in pineapple juice.
5. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in pineapple. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling cups 2/3 full. Crumble topping over top of batter.
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool.