How to make Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. shortening
1 10 oz. bag of pretzel rods
Toppings of choice
These were my toppings. What are your favorites?
1. In a glass bowl, melt chocolate and shortening in the microwave for one minute. Stir. Then continue to melt the chocolate for 15 second intervals stirring each time until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
2. Pick your toppings. I put my toppings on paper plates. Each topping went on a separate plate in preparation for the pretzel. Then at the end I just threw the plates away. Next time, I'm just going to use wax paper. I'll put each topping on a separate square of wax paper for the pretzel rod roll.
3. Dip pretzel in chocolate. I had to spoon some of the chocolate onto the pretzel to get the chocolate closer to the end. Then roll the pretzel in the desired topping.
(What in the world? You'd think I was decorating a log of poo. The more I look at it, the more I think it. Hopefully you will still make chocolate pretzels after viewing this picture.)
4. Put dipped and topped pretzel onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
(See!!! They do turn out looking pretty.)
5. Let the chocolate cool. Then wrap if desired. I bought pretzel bags at Michaels. They worked great! Such a fun, easy, and delicious holiday treat!