Friday, July 17, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cake Bar

I got this recipe from Everyone's Gotta Eat. These are so easy to make and are scrumptious! They don't last long. I couldn't even get a picture without them literally being dug in to!


Chocolate Chip Cake Bar

1 package yellow or white cake mix (I prefer white)
2 eggs
1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1/4 Cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 Cup water
2 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided (or whatever kind of chips you want. I put in about 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips and about ¾ cup of butterscotch chips. It turned out so delicious. I reserved ¼ cup semisweets and ¼ cup butterscotch to put on top.)
1/2 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional – I left them out)


-In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
-Stir in 1 3/4 cups of chocolate chips and nuts.
-Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
-Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Put the additional chips on top of the cooked chocolate chip cake bar.

2 comments:

Abby said...

All that chocolate sounds heavenly to me! Is the base more fluffly and cake like or firmer more cookie like?

Mike and Kimmy said...

Hey Abby! I'd say they have a brownie like consistency.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails