Monday, May 4, 2009

Baked Beans



So I am laughing at this picture because it has beans sloshed all over the sides of the plate. Hey, I'm happy just to get the picture on here. I just tried these beans, and they are super scrumptious. I am a sucker for baked beans. The best part about them -- you throw 'em in the crock pot. It can't get any better than that. I got the recipe from a cook book called The Essential Mormon Cookbook.

1 pound bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces (bacon makes everything better)
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 (15 oz. cans pork and beans)
1 tablespoon mustard
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup

Combine all ingredients in a 2 1/2 or 3 quart casserole dish or in a crock pot. Bake at 325 for 2 hours or 200 for 6 hours. For a crock pot, I cooked it on high for 1 hour and on low for 3-4 hours. You could just cook it on high for 2 hours or on low for 6 hours also.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails